ANDOVER COLLEGE -Team Leader - Additional Learning Support
37 hours per week for 42 weeks per year (paid for 47.5 weeks to include holiday entitlement)
£21,213 - £22,508 pro rata
Sparsholt College comprises 2 campuses - our land-based College site near Winchester and our Tertiary site in Andover. This post relates to our Andover campus - which largely serves our local Andover community; with some students coming to us from Wiltshire (mainly Salisbury) as well as nearby Test Valley locations.
The Andover campus has a strong community identity and is renowned for the care and support it offers our students. The ALS team at Andover comprises of an experienced, dedicated and committed team of staff - and this includes a healthy mix of new arrivals and longer standing personnel. The team works across the entire curriculum offer (from foundation to Level 3 ie. A Levels, BTEC) and has strong and effective working relationships with all academic departments.
The successful candidate will be joining a well-established team at a time of genuine challenge within the FE sector and will be someone who thrives on variety, responsibility and making a difference to the lives of young people. The successful candidate will be responsible for the first line management of a team of Learning Support Assistants as well as having some timetabled duties of an LSA assisting individual learners to realise their learning goals and full potential.
Closing Date: 25 September 2017
* Eligibility to join the Teachers' Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
* Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
* Free on- site parking
* Car Care Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Flexible Working Policy
* Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
* Child Care Vouchers
* Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
* Free gym classes
* You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
* Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
* Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
* Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
* Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
* Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV. You will then be sent an email directing you to the College Careers Portal to complete your application.