Vacancy: 0.75 Teacher in Maths - GCSE and Functional Skills
Location: Nescot College, Epsom, Surrey
Salary: up to £26,250 p.a. (actual salary -vdepending on skills and experience)
Benefits: Pro rata of 48 days paid annual leave + bank holidays, Final Salary Pension
Sessional hours also considered at £27.62 per hour
Nescot College is set in an attractive green campus outside Epsom, next to a mainline station. The College has recently undergone extensive redevelopment and we are able to offer staff free car parking and other on campus benefits.
Are you a great teacher of maths? Are you skilled in teaching Functional Skills and/or GCSE? Can you inspire our students to improve their ability to use maths? Can you work with our students to develop the skills they need to be successful on their vocational programmes and give them the best chance of securing a job or a course in Higher Education?
If you can then perhaps you want to work with a team who love their subject, are committed to putting students first, share their ideas and are always looking for ways to improve their teaching and bring mathematics to life in the classroom.
If this describes you then you will be interested to know that we are looking for qualified people just like you to join us. Of course you will be dynamic, you will have experience of working with young people to improve their mathematical skills particularly at Functional Skills and GCSE level and you will put students at the heart of everything you do.
If you are part of the mathematics team at Nescot, you will:
· Teach great lessons that enthuse students and motivate them to improve and achieve
· Understand how well your students are performing and help them improve through target setting, review and interventions
· Contribute to the further improvement of teaching and learning in mathematics with colleagues in the department
· Contribute and deliver the assessment plan and practice of the department
· Work closely with teachers and managers from across the College to help students to improve their mathematics and numeracy skills
· Teach Functional Skills entry – level 2 mathematics to 16-18 year old students
· Teach GCSE mathematics to 16 – 18 year old students
· Be able to teach Functional Skills mathematics to adult students including those on apprenticeship frameworks.
Suitable candidates will possess:
- A full teaching qualification: PGCE, QTLS, QTS
- An A level in mathematics or equivalent
- Relevant teaching experience
We have part time and sessional roles so please tell us what hours you are interested in when making your application. To apply please submit your CV and put the hours you are interested in on your CV. Successful candidates will be required to fill out a full application form.