Job Title: Curriculum Team Leader
Location: HMP Swaleside, Kent
Salary: £28,213.34 - £32,324.25 (Subject to job evaluation)
Closing date: 24th January 2017
We are growing and as a result we have an exciting opportunity within Novus, for a self-driven and enthusiastic individual to join as a Permanent - Full Time Curriculum Team Leader within HMP Swaleside. This is a challenging yet rewarding role.
Reporting to the Education Manager the purpose of this role is to teach and provide supervision of a curriculum delivery team, ensuring that all budget, quality and operational targets are achieved, in line with Novus procedures.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Teach designated hours as required, with a flexible approach to delivering across curriculum areas as needed.
- Plan, lead and develop the curriculum area within the establishment to ensure compliance with the national curriculum framework, the integration of functional skills, individual learner needs and quality assurance targets
- To be responsible for the self-assessment and quality reports of courses in relevant curriculum area and to ensure timely implementation of action plans arising from these reports
- Ensure that the quality of the learner experience is maintained through effective line management, co-ordination of budgets and adherence to quality standards
- Appraise staff in line with the College calendar. Assist staff in the development of personal objectives by communicating the College`s strategic plans and developmental aims
As a successful candidate you will be required to have:
- Teaching qualification - minimum Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent
- Hold QTS / QTLS
- A degree or equivalent subject specialist qualification
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy
- Knowledge of curriculum development and developments at appropriate levels within national curriculum
- Track record of effective teaching experience achieving good or outstanding LTO standards
- Track record of efficient administration in relation to accreditation and national curriculum requirements
- Track record of effectively leading a team
- Track record of working with learners who present with challenging behaviour and special educational needs
- Gain/hold and maintain a clean, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
To succeed within this role, candidates will need to have a pragmatic and non-judgmental approach to their work and the flexibility to adapt to meet learner requirements when necessary.
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
- And many more...
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, apply today.
Upon applying for the role, your application will be sent to Novus. If you are successful at this stage, Novus will contact you directly.