Milton Keynes College is the fourth largest FE College in the country and one of the biggest employers in the area.
Established in 1984, Milton Keynes is proud to be an accessible College with a strong reputation for providing high-quality education to learners of all levels 14 years old and over. They teach a range of subjects from academic subjects like Maths and English, to more vocational areas, such as Construction, Childcare, Hairdressing and many more. Rapid growth in the last ten years has seen a turnover that tops £40m.
The College has a number of commercial outlets which are open to the public and available for discounted staff use including an award winning restaurant, Hair & Beauty Salon, Personal Training Studio, Nursery and Gallery space.
Milton Keynes College is committed to a culture which is fully inclusive, embracing difference, challenging prejudice and believing in justice. The College fosters a supportive, creative, self-critical and reflective community that promotes personal and professional development for all its members.
These attitudes have been tested and endorsed by many external bodies. At the MK Equality Council’s Diamond Jubilee Awards night in December 2012 the College won both the Education and Overall prizes.
Milton Keynes College also has an offender learning contract, providing education within 28 prisons across the country (30% of all delivery nationally).
Milton Keynes College's sole aim is to be the best general Further Education College in the country and deliver the highest quality education to all learners. Whether you are a student, a teacher, or a college, to be the best, it is essential to have a vision of success and at Milton Keynes College they strive to engrain this in all who walk through their doors.
They welcome those who want to learn and improve. They will seek to meet individual needs where appropriate and possible.
They are building the strongest partnerships with their communities, businesses and all with an interest in making Milton Keynes city and its people stronger. They are working to grow the city’s economy and create greater opportunities for all.
They believe these things individually and as a group. They guide their day-to-day decision making. This is how they set out to achieve them:
- To inspire - where everyone motivates, engages, challenges, and stretches each other
- To strive for excellence - where everyone recognises their potential and becomes the best they can be
- To demonstrate integrity - where everyone is committed to being open, honest and doing the right thing
- To show respect - where they listen, consider the views of others and value everyone
- To innovate - where new ideas and thinking are generated around people, products and processes.
At Milton Keynes College, they’re proud of the wide range of career opportunities they offer, and the flexibility and support that they can provide you as an employee.
The College is made up of a diverse mix of staff each with different skills and abilities. What they have in common is the shared value of working towards giving their students an exceptional educational experience.
If you join their team, your colleagues will be a mix of people from all backgrounds, ages and experience. If you don’t have the right teaching experience for the position but you are a passionate person with the capacity to become a great teacher they can provide the training to help you achieve your full potential, just as they expect to be able to help their students achieve theirs.
Inspirational teachers are key to student success and at Milton Keynes College they understand how important it is that this is a sociable, enjoyable and gratifying place to work.
Milton Keynes College is a fantastic place to work and you can be guaranteed an exciting and rewarding career with added benefits that make working there that little bit special. The College is a friendly, supportive and inclusive place to work and offers the following benefits to their staff:
- Generous holidays ranging from 28 – 38 days pro rata, per annum
- Childcare facilities and childcare vouchers
- Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme or Teachers Pensions Scheme, dependant on role
- Free parking at main campus sites
- Access to Continued Professional Development
- Access to a wide range of local discounts in the Milton Keynes area
- 24 hour personal support helpline
- Access to comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in Service (DIS) benefit
- Generous discounts at College facilities, including the College restaurant and Hair and Beauty salon
Milton Keynes College
Woughton Campus West
Tel: 01908 684444